Fun, exciting, musical. Join us with your little one as we dance, sing and play while engaging motor skills, social skills, and cognitive development. Let's all gather, virtually, to have some fun with music!
Pandemics can be stressful. Having to adapt and change your lifestyle due to national and global events is taxing. However, these changes are necessry in order to stop the spread of COVID-19. With the many changes happening this year, stress and anxiety levels may be on the rise. We can help. Take time for yourself and for your loved one and discover how music can help you cope. In this session participants will be taught skills including breathing techniques, mindfulness techniques, guided visualization, and reflective songwriting. Join us today!
After being in front of a screen for so long, let's shake out our wiggles! Although this class will be online, you may turn the screen away from your child, as long as they can hear and have space to dance. Hop on to have some fun moving our bodies and making some noise!
Cost: FREE! (Courtesy of The Taylor Family Foundation’s mobile music therapy program, Sophie’s Place and The Pacific Resiliency Center)
Date: Every Thursday from 3:30-4:00 pm
Age Group: Designed for children from3-7 years old, available for all ages!
Description: After hours of distance learning and working in front of a screen, let's shake out our wiggles! Although this class will be online, you may turn the screen away from your child, as long as they can hear and have space to dance. Hop on and shake it out to have some fun moving our bodies and making some noise!
Video can’t be displayed
This video is not available.
BY ENROLLING IN THIS CLASS, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT:
- "Shake Your Wiggles Out" is a music enrichment class held in an online group format and is not considered a therapy session.
- This class is offered as an expanded enrichment service to services already provided by The Taylor Family Foundation’s mobile music therapy program, Sophie’s Place, compliments of The Taylor Family Foundation’s mobile music therapy program, Sophie’s Place and The Pacific Resiliency Center.
- "Shake Your Wiggles Out" is a temporary program offered free of charge through the Pacific Resiliency Center's intern program. Classes will continue weekly with the final class on 05/27/2021. Program may be extended, if possible.
- Registration for "Shake Your Wiggles Out" is for the season (ending 05/27/2021) and I (we) may attend any or all of the classes free of charge.
- Classes will be lead by an intern of The Pacific Resiliency Center. Interns are supervised by a board certified Music Therapist and supervisor may be present for any class.
- Any and all information, videos, pictures, and/or audio from this online class series is confidential and will not be saved, stored, or disseminated by The Pacific Resiliency Center or its employees/staff.
I also agree that I(we):
- Will be respectful of teachers as well as attendees, keeping anything discussed in the class private.
- Will not record, broadcast, or otherwise disseminate any portion of any classes attended.
- Will be present with my child if they need assistance. I may allow my child to participate in the class unattended, but will be near and available, should they need assistance.
- Will be a positive influence on my child, the class, and most importantly, I will have fun!